Laura P. Parker provides professional editing and proofreading services for students, academics, book and short story authors, researchers, and corporations.
Content Editing Services
Manuscripts should be edited to improve the accuracy, storyline, and voice. Content editing should also resolve major and minor content, plot, or character flaws. A few benefits include:
- Improve the fluidity of the content.
- Suggest enhancements to the proposed storyline.
- Annotations on plot gaps or inaccuracies within the text.
- Character enhancements, including notes on whether the characters have been properly introduced and developed.
Copy Editing Services
Copy editing refers to the work that will be completed to improve the formatting, accuracy, and style of the text. Copy edits are completed on a line-by-line basis to find even the smallest of errors within the text. A few additional attributes include:
- Correct any spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Resolve vagueness and clarity issues.
- Improve sentence meaning and structure.
- Ensure consistencies within the text.
The text will be read to determine any inaccuracies; however, edits are not completed on a line-by-line basis. Grammatical inaccuracies are noted and incorrect sentence structures are revised. In the case of research, government, or academic submissions, the text will be compared to a checklist of document requirements. A few benefits include:
- Errors are discovered before publication.
- Readability of text is improved.
- The document will meet all publication requirements (as determined by the RFP, RFI, or general submission guidelines).
- Text is transformed into a professional document.
For pricing or additional information, please contact Laura P. Parker.